The Rainbow Umbrella programme specialised in providing a quality CYFs/OSCAR approved, personalised, fun and safe after-school care programme for children and teenagers living with both intellectual and physical disabilities.
The Trust’s programme provided:
- A fully-fenced, accessible venue with fantastic child-friendly facilities.
- A special, teenagers day aimed at intermediate and high-school ages.
- A high staff to child ratio that ensures your child’s individual needs are catered for.
- Very dedicated and experienced staff.
- A range of engaging and stimulating activities (arts & crafts, baking, music, movies, outdoor games and sports).
- Fun, friendship and the chance for children to socialize safely and positively in a small caring environment.
- Very affordable fees that were often able to be subsidized by WINZ.
- Safe transport for children to and from Afcare.
A typical day at Rainbow Umbrella included:
- creating masterpieces with arts & crafts and painting materials,
- baking and cooking,
- music and dancing,
- face painting,
- dressing up,
- puzzles and board games, and
- fun accessible outdoor games and sports.