Objectives & Goals
- For equal rights for disabled children with regard to afterschool child care provision. The funding available is inadequate and results in this group of children being excluded from mainstream programmes.
- By the end of Year 2 (2016) to have a pilot specialised afterschool care programme running in Napier.
- To raise awareness of the need for afterschool care provision for children with all disabilities particularly those with high needs.
- To investigate potential agencies who may consider providing a specialised afterschool care programme similar to RUCT.
- To lobby the stakeholders – MSD, MOH, MOD and MOE.
- To engage champions who can attend relevant meetings as needed to promote our campaign.